Claims Subrogation Representative
At Seibels, we believe our people are our most important asset. They are the driving force behind our mission and the reason we are able to provide best-in-class services to the property and casualty insurance industry. Our culture is founded upon four core values: collaboration, accountability, respect, and transparency. Upholding this culture and embodying it in all that we do is paramount to the organization and its success.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Subrogation Associate. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working for an insurance carrier. As a Subrogation Associate, you will manage a pending subrogation claims case load of all loss types and severity across all clients. This position effectively reviews and evaluates new claims for subrogation potential; as well as identifies and opens subrogation on applicable claims while maximizing recovery on all applicable claims.
- FNOL Review – Reviews and evaluates all newly reported losses for subrogation potential on the first and fifteenth day of the claim. Claims without sufficient information to determine subrogation potential are placed on diary for a 30 day review. Advises claims examiner of additional necessary actions to determine and preserve subrogation. Completes subrogation referrals when warranted.
- Claim Assignment & Notices – Reviews all new assignments for subrogation potential and develops an action plan. Places all possible responsible parties on notice. Monitors the claim to ensure effective recovery. Sends Deductible Notice Letter to insured.
- Investigation – Researches faulty product for recalls, known history of defects, and other cases involving faulty product. Performs searches through the clerk of the court, permitting, and public records for accurate information pertaining to adverse parties.
- Processing – Sends demand package to include supporting documentation to adverse party(s). Communicates with adverse party(s) for claim resolution and payment. Contacts insured regarding deductible refund when appropriate.
- Diary - Maintains a current diary on all assigned claims. Weekly follow up on claims in which a settlement is pending.
- Evidence – Contacts insured and IA to instruct them to secure evidence. Ensures that evidence is received, properly documented with Chain of Custody Form and securely stored. Determines experts needed for testing and evaluation of the evidence. Manages sending and receiving of evidence to said experts. Documents and disposes of evidence upon conclusion of claim. Documents and disposes of evidence upon conclusion of claim.
- Bachelor degree preferred plus 3 years of subrogation claims handling experience, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy and ability to use applicable software.
- FL Adjusters license or home state with appointment for FL required.
- Insurance certificates, courses, or professional designations preferred.