At Seibels, we seek Team Members who have a passion for work, a thirst for knowledge, and a hunger for learning more. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your application for the Manager, PMO position!
The Manager of PMO is responsible for managing all PMO related projects with the intention of improving the company’s performance. In addition, this individual manages program issues and risks, assists with project resources, and budgets control activities to ensure on-time and accurate completion of projects. The individual directly supervises all PMO staff by providing overall direction, training, coaching, and assessment. The Manager of PMO also provides leadership, guidance, and mentoring to other project management resources.
- Monitors and reports on project management governance, methodology, training initiatives under the project plan, best practices, and standards;
- Monitors compliance with agreed upon project policies, procedures, templates, and other shared documentation (organizational process assets);
- Ensures a retrospective / “lessons learned” analysis is conducted and documented on each project assigned;
- Tracks progress across the project portfolio, coordinates delivery dates and collates, maintains, and highlights changes to project plans in accordance with Program Management Office (PMO) practices.
- Maintains and administers document and knowledge management in JIRA for program documentation and ensures that JIRA/Confluence is used appropriately and consistently across all project teams following PMO practices.
- Supports overall program related activities including coordination of program and project meetings, documentation, and publication of minutes.
- Ensures that program procedures and standards are in compliance with Seibels’ policies and procedures.
- Develops and continually improves program standards, procedures, and methodologies, including corrective action.
- Guards against scope creep and supports Seibels’ project scope change management process.
- Prepares and maintains responsibility for annual PMO planning and budgeting activities.
- Provides program leadership, communication, organization, coordination, and quality assurance of active projects.
- Develops, coordinates, and publishes project status reports including financial status and performance of the overall project portfolio and maintains project portfolio performance dashboards and executive reporting.
- Manages the dependencies and the interfaces between projects. Coordinates communication and ensures visibility and transparency across projects and to all sponsors, stakeholders and Executive Management.
- Collaborates with IT and the business units and ensures the proper skills and resource needs (both business and IT) are identified and approved as dedicated resources for the project. Monitors resource allocations and reports resource impact on projects.
- Ensures adherence to the established Steering Committee governance for the following:
- Reviewing, vetting, prioritizing and approving the project work assigned to the PMO across the company,
- Review and disposition of all project change controls, and
- Resolution of any conflicts between departments or otherwise arising under the steering committee governance process.
- Ensures that the IT iteration process is adhering to the approved processes / procedures, and that they are being followed consistently for New Client on-boarding, large scale system implementations, and ongoing iteration work. Partners with Account Management to ensure proper client engagement at all phases of projects, and work is being delivered in accordance with the priority agreed to with the customer.
- Directs, manages and oversees Project Managers and the Quality Assurance Team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience overseeing and reporting on Guidewire, Nutanix, and other current technology platforms
- Jira experience preferred; or must learn within 120 days of hire
- 3+ years demonstrated track record of leading team members
- Scrum Master certification required
- PMP certification required
- Insurance related projects preferred
- Understanding of software development and infrastructure project lifecycles.
- Experience in managing project budgets.
- Desired computer skills include: Project Management Software, Email, MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, and Excel