Flood Underwriting Supervisor
2 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
(Spvr Flood Underwriting)
Work schedule: TBD
Progressive Home is growing and were looking for talented people to join our team. We offer the confidence and stability that comes with working for a successful and growing organization. Voted one of the top Tampa Bay employers for the past 8 years, our commitment does not stop with our employees, but carries through with our community involvement. Whether youre searching for a new job or are interested in continuing your career, Progressive Home may be that perfect place for you.
Supervises the activities and assists in the day-to-day operations of the Flood Underwriting team. Supervises a staff of approximately 10-15 Flood Customer Service Reps and Processors including, performance management, compensation and reward planning, and employee development.Essential Job Functions:
Listed below are representative of those required on the job. Incumbents may perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Assists the Assoc Mgr Flood Operations in providing statistical analysis of the customer service units. Responsible for recommending, maintaining and variance resolution of departmental quality and production
- Assists in the planning, organizing, and executing daily operations. Makes recommendations primarily focused on the execution of the corporate plan as approved by management
- Has direct responsibility for underwriters, while also working closely with the Spvr Flood Customer Service assisting with Customer Service operations and productivity
- Monitors periodic performance reports for trends and conditions to alert supervisory staff to problems for resolution. Works with Assoc Mgr Flood Operations and managerial staff to implement changes
- Consults with Assoc Mgr Flood Operations regarding hiring additional team members
- Consults with Assoc Mgr Flood Operations in reviewing training plan and criteria as needed for new associates and on-going training for the development of existing personnel
- Uses strong interpersonal skills and maintains consistent professional communication with staff, management, marketing and customer base internal and external. Provide thorough, professional and timely written feedback to upper management regarding associate training progress, department training needs and available training resource material
- Assists in establishing performance standards for flood customer/ CHAT service representatives and flood underwriters relative to quality, quantity, time, cost and method of performing work within the units
- Organizes/facilitates projects, manage responsibilities and complete tasks or other duties as assigned
- No regular travel required
- Excellent communication skills, initiative and ability to resolve difficult business or interpersonal issues when needed
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate a comfort level in a fast-paced environment with constantly changing priorities.
- Better than average time management skills and organizational skills with product and technical knowledge desired.
- Good typing skills with attention to accuracy, and general knowledge of the PC operations.
- Decent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of the NFIP rules and regulations are required.
- Experience with property and Casualty Insurance and bilingual is a plus, but not required for consideration.
Listed below are the minimum requirements for job entry.
- A high school diploma/GED equivalent or higher; general college degree or higher preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. As a company committed to our employees, its not surprising that we offer great benefits that include:
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Diverse, welcoming culture.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Medical, dental, vision, paid time off and a 401K plan that is 100% vested!
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, apply now!