PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Excellent opportunity to join a nationally recognized industry leader. The Purchasing Specialist will strategically source goods and services of low to medium complexity for specific assigned commodities and facilitate processes to completion. This position exists to provide full-service enterprise procurement and vendor management services for designated lines of businesses and departments specific to the assigned commodity. In addition, the position ensures the procurement infrastructure and enterprise spending is in alignment with business and technology initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Consults with users and external entities to develop specifications, make recommendations regarding purchases and vendors.
- Plans and executes procurement, strategic sourcing, and vendor management activities in compliance with corporate policies, applicable law and valuable cost management principles.
- Sustains relationships with designated suppliers involved in procurement programs.
- Sustains current knowledge of trends and best practices for procurement profession and insurance industry.
Resolves disputes with vendors and internal customers.
- Resolves vendor performance, products and services concerns.
- Partners with Accounting to resolve billing disputes.
- Establishes successful relationships with internal customers related to the processes and benefits of applicable procurement management.
Executes procurement operations in compliance with company guidelines.
- Utilizes RFx sourcing templates, procedures and processes, as needed to complete tasks.
- Conducts low complexity procurement efforts and research and evaluates pricing to obtain a low risk outcome for the company.
- Corroborates benchmarking analysis and cost savings initiatives for commodity strategies.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree from a college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Purchasing or related field.
Minimum 1 year of experience in procurement and/or contracting; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Minimum 1 year of experience managing strategic sourcing process for several commodity areas required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of strategic sourcing and procurement and contracting principles and techniques. Contracts negotiation experience. Experience with negotiating techniques and developing solutions to issues in a timely manner. Experience with Excel and PowerPoint a must. Must be able to conduct meetings and create presentations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to accept new ideas and embrace change. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills. Must be capable of coordinating and organizing input from various channels, perform negotiation, resolve conflicts and build consensus at all levels of the organization.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Diplomacy, Influence, Problem Solving & Decision Making and Financial Acumen.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.
This description is a general statement of essential job functions and responsibilities.
The position may include other duties as assigned.