PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the job is to ensure adherence to an enterprise data governance program and support the development and implementation of data standards and governance through ICW Groups Enterprise Data Strategy Implementation. This role will assist with creating and maintaining related meta data and business process documentation that support user consumption, data standards, and the implementation of a control structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supports the standardization and conglomeration of a meta data Platform.
- Supports policy, procedure, workflows, and infrastructure for a customer facing meta data platform that is easy to use, accessible by all enterprise employees, and is scalable for future growth.
- Supports the use of insurance industry and ICW specific nomenclature/naming standards within all data assets including, but not limited to reports, meta data articles, and project documentation.
- Develops control structures within a simple environment to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels.
- Supports the centralization of multiple sources of meta data into a single platform.
- Monitors the quality and completeness of meta data by performing regular data grooming, quality checks, and audit methods.
- Supports enterprise wide promotional programs to drive adoption and usage of meta data platform.
Provides data quality issue management and remediation.
- Collaborates with team members throughout business and technical departments to surface and document data quality issues.
- Coordinates the resolution of data integrity gaps by working with the business owners and IT.
- Ensures that a backlog of issues is consistently groomed and updated for agile consumption.
- Assists with the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
Provides enterprise data stewardship support.
- Works with business partners to gather and understand functional requirements, develops queries and provides reports.
- Participates in user and integration testing for deployment of new data assets. Documents and reports the results accordingly.
- Provides though leadership and participates in projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Participates in training and works with end users.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems or related field. Minimum 2 years of experience required with 1 years of data governance experience plus 1 year of experience in any data field. Experience working within an Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodology. Experience in developing and implementing data governance deliverables across an enterprise architecture preferred. Prior experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: Data Governance, Data Dictionary, Metadata Repository, Business Data Analysis, and/or Structured Query Language (SQL).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional), DGSP Certification from ICCP (Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals), or other Data Governance Certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Exposure to Data Governance or Data Management tools (such as Erwin Data Intelligence suite, Collibra, IBM IIS, Informatica, etc.) is preferred. Experience with BI tools like SAP BO, Power BI, Tableau is preferred. Demonstrable aptitude for learning and technical documentation preferable but not required as training will be provided. Understanding of databases and data structures. A clear understanding of Data Governance, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Assets. Ability to scope and triage, clearly communicate, test/research/modify, and support data governance solutions for both Business and Technical teams. Strong analytical and time management skills. Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision. Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task. Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results with tight deadlines and under changing priorities, Ability to cross collaborate with multiple teams to meet data governance objectives. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.