Schedule - M-F 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Start Date - 12/7/20
Benefits Available Immediately
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryThrough telephone and email inquiries; responsible for providing customer service, billing and account reconciliation support for agents, insureds, authorized 3rd parties, and internal Travelers departments. Ensures prompt and accurate premium receipt and appropriate resolution of past due accounts. As part of the hiring process, this position requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment. Further information regarding the assessment including an accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as primary customer service contact handling a high volume of inbound calls with agents, insureds, authorized 3rd parties, and internal Travelers departments.
- Adhere to scheduling guidelines of the department.
- Handle inquiries, research problems, process transactions, and develop solutions to billing related issues.
- Place outgoing calls as needed to resolve outstanding customer issues.
- Resolve billing and remittance discrepancies through direct contact with customers in a timely manner.
- Negotiate solutions to problems and inquiries in a positive manner and provide a high level of customer service while maintaining a continued focus on maximizing cash flow.
- Collaborate with appropriate parties to develop solutions within authority levels.
- Follow up and monitor account related billing issues as necessary to ensure appropriate action has been taken while maintaining a high level of customer service to internal contacts (i.e. Marketing, Service, Premium Audit) and external customers (i.e. insureds, agents, authorized 3rd parties).
- Provide assistance to both internal and external customers and team members to develop solutions to billing problems and arrange payment plans to collect premiums.
- Ensure documentation of account notes is current and complete and act as a liaison for problem resolution for customers and other departments.
- May perform business process work.
- May participate in some special projects, processes, and/or assignments as business needs dictate up to 10% (non-primary phone work) of the total work week. (May vary depending on business needs)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Basic understanding that will evolve of insurance and receivables business processes preferred.
- Basic understanding of how individual/team responsibilities impact cash flow and financial reporting preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills.
- Demonstrate skill to perform in a highly matrix performance environment.
- Customer Focus:
- Demonstrates a commitment to stellar customer service.
- Acts with a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Committed to creating a positive experience for all customers.
- Enthusiastic and upbeat approach to assisting with customer issues.
- Business Knowledge:
- Learn the Direct Bill systems, insurance business, receivables processes, and workflows.
- Basic understanding of the insurance business and receivables.
- Knowledge of how individual/team responsibilities impact cash flow and financial reporting.
- Clear understanding of team work and collaboration.
- Resource Management:
- Prioritize work and accomplish tasks within established timeframes.
- Work well independently and flexible in a team environment.
- Uses effective time management to ensure customer satisfaction and appropriate workflow.
- Technical Skills:
- Proven customer service experience.
- Inbound call center experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of PC based tools and applications.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Familiarity with call center metrics. (i.e. Quality Reviews, AHT etc.).
- Take responsibility for own performance and development.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate investigative and independent problem solving skills.
- Develop a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity, ethics and a commitment to do the right thing
- Effective management and adherence to time and attendance guidelines.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.