Are you an insurance attorney looking to advance your career at a stable company? Do you dream of a challenging and fulfilling legal career that also offers you the healthy work-life balance necessary to juggle the demands of your busy life? Would you like to make a direct impact on a company with your work? We are hiring a Corporate Counsel to work in our corporate office.
In this position, you will monitor and provide strategic guidance, consultation, and support to the various departments of Great West Casualty Company, Joe Morten & Son, Inc., and ORI affiliates in an effort to ensure conformity with legal requirements and to facilitate communication and coordination that fosters consistent, efficient, and appropriate practices in support of overall company business objectives. You will handle multiple jurisdiction issues unique to the insurance industry and corporate governance risks in addition to staying in compliance with multiple state requirements. Part of your responsibilities will include finding trustworthy outside counsel within multiple jurisdictions and effectively working with a diverse group of supervisors/managers and employees at various locations.
- JD degree with license to practice in at least one state.
- Minimum of five years' experience in litigation, underwriting, research, regulatory compliance, and/or administrative law. Insurance law experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail with above-average multi-tasking skills and the ability to adapt quickly to situations that require an immediate transition.
- The ability to read and analyze a policy and apply to a fact scenario while confidently laying out your reasoning and rationale.
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills.
High-performing attorneys in our office are:
- Adaptable: We are a billion-dollar company with offices across the United States. We need someone who can quickly acclimate to and accept change in their environment as we grow.
- Courageous: We need someone who has the courage to ask the hard questions while diplomatically navigating office politics.
- Eager to learn: We expect our legal professionals to stay abreast of changes in the industry, and we financially support the pursuit of CLEs, continuing education, and industry certifications.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company