Donegal Insurance Group is a regional property-casualty insurance company doing business in 26 states, headquartered in Marietta, PA, with 7 regional offices located in Athens, GA, Le Mars, IA, Grand Rapids, MI, Albuquerque, NM, Greenville, OH, Glen Allen, VA, and Sheboygan Falls, WI.
Donegal offers a broad range of personal and commercial insurance products sold exclusively through our network of independent agents. We are committed to the independent agency system and proud of the company's heritage, which spans over 130 years. Donegal's strong financial foundation and successful operating strategies have earned the company a rating of 'A' (Excellent) by the A.M. Best Company, the nation's leading insurance rating organization.
The Java Developer will be primarily responsible for designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance. The ideal candidate will contribute to all phases of the development cycle, from requirement elaboration to operations & maintenance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Proven working experience in Java development and object-oriented design
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful web services, as well as XML, XSLT, and XPath, using frameworks such as Apache CXF
- Proficient in relational databases such as SQL Server or Oracle, and ORM technologies such as JPA and Hibernate
- Working knowledge of database tools such as Toad, SqlDeveloper, or SqlServer Management studio.
- Experience with Maven build automation tool and Jenkins continuous integration
- Experience using Tomcat or other Java Application Server for executing enterprise applications
- Evaluate the impact of a change in one part of the system on the whole system and interdependent systems
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience (Previous insurance-related experience preferred)
- Knowledge of Source Control software such as SVN or Git
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management
Donegal Insurance Group offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent positions. Learn more about our benefit offerings by visiting our Benefits page.