Senior Actuarial Analyst, GRM Liability
The Global Retail Markets (GRM) Business Lines Liability Reserving team is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst to support the comprehensive analysis of the risks associated with Business Lines Liability.
In this role, you will be on a reserving team with responsibilities for various special projects across Commercial Auto Liability, Commercial Multi Peril Liability, and Umbrella. You will interact closely with Product, Claims, and Modeling teams to share and gain insights into the business. You will communicate your recommendations and exhibits to chief actuaries, management, and other partners throughout the organization. We're looking for someone who is strongly curious, self-motivated, and possess a confirmed ability to execute thoroughly in a collaborative environment.
- Provide business leadership, analytical expertise, and process oversight for various reserve analyses and deep dives
Perform segment reviews and deeper analysis for areas of concern, working collaboratively with Claims and Product to identify and quantify risk to ACE
Assist with the development and implementation of claim level models
Investigate detailed claim and product data to identify data splits that enhance reserving analyses
Partner with other parts of the GRM organization to understand impacts of initiatives and book of business changes, and incorporate into ongoing reserve analyses
Provide consultation to Senior Leadership regarding reserves, loss development, trends, and their impacts on business planning and pricing
Champion innovation efforts within GRM Actuarial Reserving
Support the development of effective tools and models for monitoring indications
Mentor, motivate, and train junior staff and peers
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Commitment to achieving Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society. Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial Exams is required.
- Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience required; Prior experience and solid knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Solid oral and written and presentation communication skills and ability to interact effectively within and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train subordinates.
- Ability to exercise discretion, and apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with minimal direction.
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); Ability to build models of moderate complexity.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.