Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Accounting Manager in Atlanta, GA!
Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, the premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and part of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has over $44 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue.
As as Accounting Manager you will be responsible for managing a team of accountants working to account for the domestic VPS business, including month-end general ledger close, processing remittances from clients, balance sheet reconciliations and performing key financial controls.
- Ensure the accuracy of the VPS financial statements reported to corporate
- Manage a team of accountants focusing on a group of clients
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are complete, accurate and timely
- Prepare client-level flux reports with analysis of material fluxes
- Assist in preparing ad hoc reports as needed
- Ensure strict compliance with key financial controls, including following documentation protocols
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for financial transactions and support internal audits of related controls
- Oversee preparation of workpapers supporting external audit
- Coach and develop staff
- Act as Accounting subject matter expert on systems projects, such as new client on-boarding or new product implementations
- Lead staff to exemplary performance, determine and recruit resources required to complete responsibilities and tasks
- Point of contact with internal and external auditors, coordinating the preparation of requested documentation and support of various audits
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Minimum 6 years accounting with at least 3 of those years in a managerial or supervisory role
- Prior experience with Revenue Accounting, Expenses and P&L
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and business partners
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to reach a common goal
- Analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate among peers as well as upper management
- Experience in relational databases such as Access, Cognos, or Oracle.
- Experience working with multiple financial systems to obtain data to analyze the business.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task, results driven, team player, can work under tight deadlines and ability to communicate with all levels of financial and operational personnel.
- Financial system expertise, encompassing spreadsheet, queries, large volume data manipulation and reconciliation, and month-end accounting close process.
- Knowledge of US GAAP accounting for Insurance companies, and revenue recognition principles
- CPA preferred
- Insurance Accounting
- 2 years public accounting experience
- Experience in Insurance Accounting
- Proficient use of advanced Excel
- Familiarity with basic SQL query applications
- Experience with SOX control framework