6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for an Accounting Supervisor!
This individual will supervise and manage the day-to-day operations for a specific functional team(s). This position is responsible for the team(s)s preparation, processing, documentation, and related compliance. Position relies on supervisory experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and is familiar with a variety of process concepts, best practices, and procedures. Primary job functions require a wide degree of creativity and latitude. This position also has full authority for personnel decisions. In addition to supervising the day-to-day operations, is also responsible for providing guidance and development support to accounting staff.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Operational Excellence 50-60%
- Is considered a leader and/or technical expert in areas of responsibilities and can ensure requirements are understood and met by internal and external resources
- Ensures monthly, quarterly, and year-end activities are completed timely and effectively
- Develop and maintain relations with business segments, stakeholders, customers, and overseas partner
- Formulates, develops and administers procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures and provides the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Understands and supports an environment of effective controls within the department. Ensures all team members understand company and regulatory requirements (i.e. SOX, record retention, audit, etc.) and are continually verifying all their actions and processes to support Assurants values.
- Prioritize and manage workflow to ensure deliverable dates are met
- Ensures documentation of process and procedures is current and accurate
- Incorporates continuous process improvement mindset by being efficient and developing best practice solutions, as well as identifying savings opportunities
- Is a liaison between internal and external stakeholders, responsible for monitoring performance and quality metrics, resolving, improving, or escalating issues
- Foster environment of engaged, action oriented team 20-30%
- Leads, coaches, develops, and evaluates staff members. Ensures that staff understands and supports their individual role and managements role in the corporate performance and development processes
- Ensure job descriptions, annual performance process and individual development process are utilized to drive performance and behavior of the team
- Identify and support best practices and skill growth opportunities in functional areas to ensure effective ongoing training of staff
- Effectively deal with all performance issues in a timely manner, partnering with Management and Human Resources when needed
- Strategic and Work Projects 20-30%
- Assists in building relationships throughout the organization and continually strives to identify ways in which areas of responsibility can assist the business and corporate segments to achieve their goals.
- Develops and secures approval for short- and long- term goals and plans for the functional areas.
- Keeps up-to-date on latest functional, management and process trends to identify and implement best practices.
- Ensures team understands strategy and is appropriately connected to strategy through operating goals and measurements.
- Ability to work with other internal departments to resolve process or system issues
- Develop effective relationships and information flows to maintain an awareness of strategic Corporate and business segment projects that impact functional areas.
- Lead and/or support strategic and work projects as appropriate.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR WORK OF OTHERS
This position will be responsible for supervising a team of associates which will fluctuate with area needs, which includes serving as a subject matter expert to less experienced staff.
REQUIREMENTS: (Please list only the minimum requirement for each item. If there are alternative ways to meet minimum, please detail.)
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, related field or equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of general accounting experience including accounting systems and related control processes
- 2 4 years supervisory experience preferred
- 2+ years working in a shared services environment preferred
- CPA or CMA, preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Understanding of variety of progressive accounting practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements (i.e. MAR, SOX, audits)
- Problem analysis and resolution at a functional level
- Experience working and building effective relationships in a multi-site, multi-function environment with the complexities of meeting the diverse needs of multiple business lines
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and perform in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational abilities with a high level of written and interpersonal communications skills in order to communicate effectively with various levels of management and staff personnel
- Commitment to company values and building EBS brand
- Ability to influence peers within EBS, segment and overseas partner (if applicable)
0 - 5% is typical. Travel depends on nature of projects and business need.