Property Claims Adjuster
7 days left
- Career Level
- Entry Level
The Property Claims Adjuster role provides prompt, courteous, and fair claim service on simple to moderate claims. You will be responsible for investigation of property claims to determine coverage, corresponding with customers over the phone, obtaining important claims information, and negotiating damage settlements. You will be documenting claim activity into our claim system and following processes that provide fair settlements or claim resolutions, customer satisfaction and excellent cost management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledge claim assignments; confirm policy coverage, direct adjustment of claims
- Interpret policy, make decisions using independent judgment on simple to moderate claims and determine if coverage applies to claims submitted
- Investigate claims to determine validity and verify extent of damage by telephone contact with insureds
- Negotiate settlements and authorize payments within scope of authority, settling claims timely, and in the most cost effective manner
- Investigate and settle claims promptly and equitably under minimal supervision
- Develop and maintain working relationships with vendors/experts in the insurance industry
- Keep abreast of claim and related legal principles, tax requirements, as well as underwriting rules and procedures
- Keep the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
- Minimum One to Three (1-3) years experience desk adjusting simple to moderate claims in a company environment regarding claims in Florida and/or Texas.
- As required by regulatory entities, relevant professional designations and certifications highly desirable. Ability to acquire insurance licenses as required by role. Florida License in good standing is required; and ability to acquire Texas Property & Casualty Insurance Adjuster License within 3 months of hire
- Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly and equitably
- Previous catastrophic claim handling preferred, but not required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and organizations skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Web based programs
- Experience using Claim Management Systems (i.e. Xactanalysis, Guidewire, AS400)
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Emotional intelligence - self awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy
- Ability to read/write/speak English & Spanish encouraged to apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.