Lead Customer Care Team
Assurant is seeking a Customer Care Team Lead for the Springfield, OH facility
The Customer Care Family is responsible for:
- For providing front line, direct contact with clients and customers.
- This is principally done through receiving or placing telephone calls, however mail, express delivery, fax and other electronic methods (e-mail) are also possible means of communication.
- Uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or trouble shooting the items raised by the client/customer.
- Recognizes consistent problem areas and reports to higher level for action.
- Seeks to retain account and/or suggest and encourage use of other services and products.
- Depending on area may promote and sell products and/or services and enter or confirm sales.
- Responds in a timely manner.
- Follow standard procedures and policies with more senior levels using greater latitude and judgment in responding to customers.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead, organize, motivate and coordinate the day to day work flow activities of associates that perform the duties required of a Customer Care Specialist or Sr. Customer Care Specialist to ensure deadlines/SLA's are met
- Act as a Team Lead for department to answer procedural questions and assist in resolving complex or escalated issues
- Assist with inbound/outbound activity and/or assigned projects
- Ensure cooperation and coordination with other departments in the company
- Utilize knowledge of team, procedures, trending and call center reporting to recommend process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Ability to work in multi-client/functional environment
- Assist in developing revised standards and methods
- Handle highly escalated supervisory type calls and other temporary assignments
- Mentor team based on low production or quality results.
- Oversee training of new hires and associate cross training initiatives, in addition to the creation and facilitation of training, as needed.
Overtime and/or Saturday hours may be required.
This position will be from 12-9
- High school diploma/GED required
- Knowledge of all of the duties of the Customer Care Specialist and Sr. Customer Care Specialist positions
- Strong computer skills, (ability to create, edit and analyze spreadsheets)
- Advanced skills at effective listening and communication (verbal/written) with internal and external personnel/customers/clients
- Lead for Customer Care procedures, call processing & soft skill techniques.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and plan to meet goals
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- Works well in a fast paced/high stress environment
- Ability to easily adapt well to change and encourage others to do the same
- Works well in team environment and as an individual contributor
- Expert skills in thinking outside of the box to resolve complex/escalated problems
- Ability to effectively relay accurate and detailed information to various parties via in-bound and out-bound telephone calls, in team meetings, training sessions, and our clients.
- 3 years customer service in an insurance, banking, finance, mortgage lending or related experience
- 2 years demonstrated leadership experience
- 4-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred