Claims Examiner - Special Programs
Investigates insurance claims for loss or damages, by performing a variety of duties. The individual will receive and follow instructions and pre-established client guidelines to perform functions of the job. It will require working independently with some guidance from the claims supervisor or manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews adjuster estimates to ensure estimates are technically accurate and meet appropriate industry guidelines and standards for repair.
- Review adjuster reports for application of coverage
- Understand and follow all Best-Practices guidelines to ensure that all client expectations are met for each file.
- Confirm all appropriate file documentation is included for completion of the review process
- Maintain diary to ensure all claims are handled timely
- Interacts with adjusters to obtain any necessary estimate corrections
- Understand and work with multiple client systems, programs and guidelines
- Ability to work within Xactimate/Symbility estimating platforms
- Assist with training adjusters on client specific requirements
- Experience working with Forced Placed insurance a plus
- All other duties as required
- Minimum 2 years experience in property adjusting
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Good time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Xactimate/Symbility