Actuary - Data Analytics Specialist I/II
5 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
DATA ANALYTICS SPECIALISTS I/II
Buffalo, New York
Merchants Insurance Group, a Northeast leader in Property and Casualty Insurance, has two exciting and rewarding career opportunities for talented Data Analytics Specialists for our Buffalo, NY location. Merchants Insurance Group is proud to be named a “Fast Track” company for the 2nd year in a row by Buffalo’s Business First.
The safety of our colleagues, both current and future, is Merchants Insurance Group’s highest priority. At this time, most of our colleagues are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The candidate selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area until such time as it is determined to be safe for colleagues to return to the office.
The Data Analytics Specialists will become part of a dedicated Data Analytics team focused on driving our organization toward a consistent set of key business reports and an ecosystem for analytics and data-driven decision-making. The ideal candidates are problem-solvers who are comfortable with ambiguity and able to flex between structured, detail-oriented, routine and creative work.
Essential Level I-II Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develops business analytics and data management solutions using business intelligence, report-writing, database, spreadsheet, query, or programming tools.
- Performs validation, acceptance, and regression testing.
- Writes user documentation, delivers one-to-one and group user training, and provides user support for business users and analyst users.
Additional Essential Level II Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writes specifications for development by others. Answers questions, researches and iterates specification revisions with developers.
Level I Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree, quantitative sciences or information sciences major or minor.
- Internship experience, transferable experience, and/or volunteer experience preferred.
- Communication, customer focus, design, quantitative, problem-solving, time management, quality management skills.
- Software/programming – spreadsheet, SQL, business intelligence applications (e.g. Power BI, Tableau), report-writing applications (e.g. SSRS) – basic proficiency or demonstrated aptitude.
- Business/management and data/systems management knowledge preferred.
Additional Level II Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Two years Data Analytics Specialist experience, with demonstrated solution design and specification-writing abilities is required.
- Insurance industry experience preferred; additional transferable experience preferred.
- Software/programming – spreadsheet, SQL, business intelligence applications (e.g. Power BI, Tableau), report-writing applications (e.g. SSRS) – intermediate/advanced proficiency.
- Business systems analysis and peer/cross-function leadership skills.
Merchants Insurance Group Benefits:
- Welcoming and positive work environment
- Flexible work arrangements, including flex scheduling and summer hours
- Competitive pay scale
- Generous paid time off package
- Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(k) employer match amount is 100% up to 6% of your annual contributions. You are immediately 100% vested in the employer match dollars.
- Two Outstanding company bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement
And many more exciting company benefits!!
Please visit our company website at: www.merchantsgroup.com to apply online. EOE