Underwriting Technician - Senior
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Come join a growing company! For more than a century, NJM Insurance Group has built a reputation of being a leader in the property and casualty insurance industry. The company is nationally recognized by major consumer organizations for exceptional service and value. Over the last couple of years, the organization has grown into multiple states in the region, and further expansion is anticipated over the next several years. There's never been a better time to join the NJM team!
For the benefit of NJM’s Commercial Lines policyholders, the Underwriting Technician, Senior is responsible for new and renewal (primarily mid-size and large) account policy rating, issuance, and mid-term changes. May also supplement the Commercial Customer Contact Center by handling customer inquiries. Work must be completed within the department’s established guidelines for time and quality of work.
• Review incoming policy specification inquiries and/or Renewal Questionnaires and recognize changes that need to be addressed and/or referred
• Verify accuracy and completeness of information necessary to process changes, including more complex entries and updates
• Process mid-term changes and issue new business and renewal policies for all size accounts, primarily midsize and large
• Take action on any specific renewal activities or instructions, including more complex activities and instructions
• Participate in the rating of Commercial Package policies
• Limited rating of Workers Compensation and Commercial Auto policies
• Manage all work assignments and plan for date sensitive activities
• Assist with team members work assignments during their absence
• When unsure of how to handle a particular situation, the Underwriting Technician, Senior is to seek advice and guidance from a supervisor
• Handle certificate requests from customers in a timely fashion
• Handle certificates requiring consideration of endorsed language or changes to terms and/or conditions (The senior position may also consult with a supervisor for certificates requiring attention)
• Eventually assists in the training of Underwriting Technicians in regards to rating and processing of Commercial Package policies
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years of experience with a Commercial Lines insurance company required
• A minimum of 5 years of experience rating middle market sized Commercial Package policy accounts required
• Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
• Strong communications skills (verbal, written and active listening)
• Ability to multi-task and to deal with interruptions and able to regain focus on task at hand
• Proficiency in computer usage, accurate data entry, including Microsoft Office suite and business-related software
• Ability to collaborate with other co-workers
NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is fully representative of the diversity that exists in the communities in which we do business.
Legal Disclaimer: NJM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.