Applications Software Developer
Safeway Insurance Company has been successfully writing automobile insurance since 1962. We are a strong stable company that is committed to superior treatment of our customers and employees. We provide a team-oriented working atmosphere where hard work and innovation are rewarded with advancement. We are looking for talented and motivated people to add to an already solid employee base. Our new hires will assist Safeway in fulfilling its objectives of continued steady growth with the highest degree of quality. We offer the opportunity to share in the company’s growth and profit plus the security of a top-tier benefits package.
Our corporate office in Westmont is in need of a qualified person to fill a recently opened Applications Software Developer position.
In this capacity, the successful candidate will bring a proven command of web client development, and will participate in creating the UI, framework and component library for both internal facing and customer facing web applications using Microsoft technologies.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong command of Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft programming technologies including:
• ASP.NET and WebForms / MVC
• Java Script, AJAX and jQuery
• MS SQL / Transact-SQL.
• .Net Framework / .Net Core
And Familiarity with:
• Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
• Entity Framework
• PDF creation and manipulation
- Develop and maintain internal, customer, and agent facing web applications
- Diagnose and repair reported defects
- Participate in architecture and design discussions
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Work closely with the users to ensure that all requirements are met to the user satisfaction
- Write code to implement functionality and perform full testing cycle
- Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
Requirements for the position are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other computer programming related degree
- 1 year of development experience preferred
- Proficiency with client architectures and reusable, component development and deployment
- Good communication skills
Overview of Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Health, Prescription Drug, and Dental Insurance for you and your eligible dependents
- Employer Paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employer Paid Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- 9 Paid Holidays per year
- Vacation, sick and personal days