Commercial Lines Underwriter I, II or III
3 days left
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Commercial Lines Underwriter
Hauppauge, New York
Merchants Insurance Group, is a leading Property and Casualty Insurer in the Northeast, and is looking for an experienced Commercial Lines Underwriter I, II or III for our Commercial Lines Underwriting team located in our Hauppauge, New York office. The level of this position will be determined based upon the candidates experience and knowledge.
The safety of our colleagues, both current and future, is Merchants Insurance Group’s highest priority. At this time, most of our colleagues are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The candidate selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area until such time as it is determined to be safe for colleagues to return to the office.
The Commercial Lines Underwriter will become part of a dedicated underwriting team focusing on offerings of commercial lines risks. This position interacts extensively with internal colleagues, company management and outside Agent personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating solid relationships with company agents and internal staff while working towards achieving the most optimal outcomes for Merchants and our policyholders.
- Directs the activities of the underwriting assistant to ensure adherence to corporate underwriting policy and service standards.
- Reviews accounts beyond individual authority with the Regional Underwriting Supervisor or Manager and recommends a course of action.
- Achieve commercial lines regional production goals and loss ratio objectives for assigned territory.
Qualifications & Skills (Candidates experience and commercial lines underwriting knowledge will determine level of position):
- A minimum of 3 years property casualty commercial lines underwriting experience.
- Strong background in underwriting execution and practices to administer the commercial accounts assigned.
- Property and Casualty insurance related coursework is a plus i.e. CPCU.
- Previous Agency relationships within the local insurance industry is highly desirable.
- Microsoft Office knowledge as well as the ability to work with internal company systems (WINS, ImageRight etc.).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Merchants Insurance Group Benefits:
- Welcoming and positive work environment
- Flexible work arrangements, including flex scheduling and summer hours
- Competitive pay scale
- Generous paid time off package
- Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(k) employer match amount is 100% up to 6% of your annual contributions. You are immediately 100% vested in the employer match dollars.
- Two outstanding company bonus programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
And many more exciting company benefits!!
Please visit our company website at: www.merchantsgroup.com to apply online. EOE