Senior Employee Benefits Account Manager
About the Role
Join a Tri-State area insurance broker’s Philadelphia office to help deliver on their promise of personalized service. As Senior Employee Benefits Account Manager, you’ll put the client’s needs first by engaging directly with them and with company underwriters on health plan benefits management, network selection, claims and vendor management. You will walk accounts through the transition process after the point of sale. Once set up, you will manage and maintain the relationship. Your role supports producers and account executives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide account management support to the sales team
- Maintain positive working relationships and clear communication with clients, carriers, underwriters and vendors/partners
- Establish and manage timelines to complete tasks, monitor financials and request health and welfare plan renewals in preparation for changes, final review, implementation and enrollment
- Draft RFPs, client presentations and communications
- Assist clients with meeting employee benefit-related compliance regulations (HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA)
Skills & Experience
- At least five (5) years of group life and health insurance experience
- State insurance license
- Able to manage daily service needs. Field questions on coverage, billing and claims. Distribute communication materials. Conduct enrollment meetings.
- At least five years of experience in client service within the group health insurance industry
- Insurance agency or insurance carrier backgrounds will be considered
- The book has a mix of small and mid-sized clients. There is a mix of fully insured and self-funded with the majority being fully insured cases.
- Personally manage 15-20 clients; there is no new business sales goal
Compensation & Perks
$80k-$100k is the target salary range + a comprehensive benefits and PTO package