Wholesale Broker Marketing Director
About the Role
Join a newly formed wholesale brokerage & Managing General Agency as Wholesale Broker Marketing Director. The company’s focus is exclusively on creating and managing programs for the non-profit sector. You will lead the growth and production of a diverse group of products for retail insurance agencies across the U.S.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Generate new business opportunities and grow the base of clients as the Marketing Director for the wholesale brokerage
- Market all new and renewal commercial business for the brokerage through strong relationships with underwriters
- Manage and improve relationships with existing businesses
- Meet with carrier underwriters to discuss patterns of business and ways to improve rate of business.
- Develop a multi-person team with involvement in recruiting, hiring, training and mentoring; all the while balancing personal production goals
Skills & Experience
- At least seven (7) years of successful experience underwriting and/or brokering admitted and E&S commercial insurance programs
- Prior experience working with non-profit and social services accounts is helpful but not required
- Proven leadership skills
- Track record of delivering upon pre-established production goals
- A demonstrated track record of developing new E & S carrier partners and insurance programs
- Significant knowledge in commercial multi-line rating and underwriting
- Active insurance license
Manage and grow an existing brokerage / wholesale unit with current carriers as well as develop new carrier relationships and grow a personal book of business.
Responsibilities include underwriting new and renewal business, upholding company standards and procedures for the brokerage unit plus provide leadership to an ultimate team of brokers.
Location: The company is headquartered in New Jersey with a lot of existing infrastructure throughout the Tri-State area. You can work in the NJ/NY market or work-at-home from anywhere along the East Coast with additional specific locations in Atlanta and Chicago.
Travel: Some travel is expected; maybe 50% at the height of a busy marketing campaign or renewal season.