General Counsel- Property Insurance
General Counsel- Property Insurance Company
MUST BE ADMITTED TO THE FLORIDA BAR
The General Counsel provides strategic and procedural legal advice, with a focus on personal lines Property insurance Claims and Claims Litigation Management, Legislative matters, Regulatory Compliance and General Corporate. Reviews and evaluates the legal risks, including current and proposed business strategies, regulatory issues, corporate governance, high level transactions, and other legal and compliance matters as needed.
Estimate of time spent on duties:
Claims and Claims Litigation = 60 to 70%
All Other Duties = 30 to 40%
- Regulatory compliance
- Legislative matters
- General Corporate duties
- Of course, if there is a storm or hurricane, this split would change significantly.
- Provides insurance-related legal advice, strategies, and solutions, to business unit leaders;
- Acts as regulatory counsel; assists in the development and drafting of policies, procedures and forms required to meet regulatory standards, and works to resolve regulatory inquiries, investigations and adversarial proceedings;
- Develop compliance monitoring procedures and direct compliance analyst and prepare and present quarterly monitoring reports to senior management;
- Conducts analysis and advises on potential business impact of proposed and enacted statutes as well as proposed and adopted regulation;
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates & interprets contracts and agreements, proposed legislation, reinsurance, company regulations, policy forms, filings, and manuals;
- Performs research & analysis in areas of law and policy;
- Remains current on all relevant laws, amendments, and their interpretations and application;
- Interfaces and collaborates with regulatory agencies, such as DFS and OIR, and key industry organizations;
- J.D. degree
- Must be admitted to the Florida Bar
- At least Ten years of relevant experience, including 6+ years within the Property and Casualty industry.
Base up to $220,000, 50% of salary bonus potential, 401K and 100% paid employee benefits.
Apply for General Counsel- Property Insurance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly