Total Loss Adjuster
About Our Company
Southern General Insurance Company is an affiliate of Insurance House Inc. Southern General is a growth oriented non-standard insurance company that has been around since 1979. We are a positive outlook rated carrier with AM Best. Our team members are motivated individuals that help each other accomplish remarkable things every day. Our motto is “We do what it takes”. We face challenges together and we win together. We have a positive impact and together we strive to deliver world class claim service.
Additionally, we offer:
- Professional growth and career advancement
- An environment that rewards initiative, innovation, and collaboration.
- The opportunity to work from home up four (4) days per week
- Competitive benefits and salaries
- The opportunity to earn performance bonuses
- Our team’s average tenure exceeds 10 years.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Total Loss Adjuster to join our company and become part of our growing Southern General Insurance family.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact insureds and claimants regarding disposition and settlement of total loss claims.
- Assist appraisal staff with the preparation of vehicle evaluations and salvage reports.
- Review vehicle evaluations and communicate car value to owners.
- Negotiate settlements with insured/claimant in accordance with recommended guidelines and limits of authority.
- Coordinate all total loss claims with salvage to promptly dispose of vehicle to lessen salvage costs.
- Coordinate with companion adjusters on pending files requiring additional investigation
- Maintain accurate and timely diary entries to stay abreast of claims settlement activities.
- Follow up with car rental companies regarding authorized rental vehicles.
- Bachelors degree in Business or a related field.
- Property & Casualty License Required
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle damages, equipment, sales and values.
- Strong negotiation, settlement & multi-tasking skills.
- The ability to plan, organize and expedite a large number of claims.
- Material damage claims handling experience is preferred.
- Proven communication and customer service skills are required.