Support Specialist - Special Investigation Unit
The SIU Specialists primary responsibility is to assist SIU investigators and claim adjusters with the investigation of claims, in a support capacity.
- Conducts background check on investigations
- Conducts social media checks
- Acts as liaison with other carriers for immunity requests
- Prepares documentation with the applicable Immunity and/or Arson statute to request information from other carriers
- Prepares claim files to provide to the National Insurance Crime Bureau or Department of Insurance
- Assist with various SIU Projects which requires a review of claim files and compilation and data analysis.
- Data entry on SIU/Subrogation claim files as needed
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum 1 year insurance experience
Minimum 2 years experience with MS Office products
Minimum 1 year Customer Service experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in knowledge of insurance claims handling processes
- Basic understanding of insurance (non-medical claims) guidelines
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency and good typing skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage sensitive information and confidential information
- Basic understanding of insurance medical claim guidelines
Basic understanding of CPT Codes
Environment/Physical Demands: This position requires incumbents to regularly sit at a desk and operate standard office equipment such as a computer and phone. Employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, lift, carry and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.