Customer Service Representative-Work From Home
Customer Service Representative-
This position will be a Work From Home opportunity through December 2020. Normally, this is an on-site position and Customer Service Representatives will return to working at our Albany location sometime in the future.
What is a Customer Service Representative at Assurant?
The role of a Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customers primary point of contact and you care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- Youre a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoys a challenge
- You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
What You Will Like
- The diversity - every day and every customer are different
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem-solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Monthly incentive plan option to earn additional $200-$300/month
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months up to $5000/annually
- Competitive paid time off
- Shift differential for nights and weekend
- Provide superior service to our customer who have purchased extended warranty contracts for wireless cell phone handsets.
- This role requires listening to our customers concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issue
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges
- A robust paid training environment that enables you to learn the business, the systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Strong attention to detail
- Love talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- If you are being hired for a remote position, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.