Entry Level Claims Service Specialist
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Unforeseen events are usually unnerving and unique. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your claims professional career today as a Claims Service Specialist in Yuma, AZ and be part of our dynamic team!
A Day in the Life:
- File initial contact for new claims from customers using innovative tools and technology in a collaborative team environment.
- Apply industry expertise to approve inspections and submit payments on claims.
- Review documentation and notes in claim in accordance with business unit standard methodologies.
- Communicate compassionately with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner while maintaining confidentiality.
- Problem solving and contributing to team goals by sharing ideas and opinions.
Start Date: The training class for this position will begin on Friday, November 6 and Friday, November 30.
Compensation: You will be paid a competitive rate of $15.00 an hour ($31,200 annually)
Training & Permanent Working Hours:
- During your training period, you will be learning from facilitators in the business in a virtual setting. You will also be provided hands-on experience.
- Training is scheduled for Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5:15pm. Training is mandatory and runs for 5 weeks. No time off will be granted during training.
- Permanent working hours will be determined by your leader upon your completion of training (schedule includes a Sunday work day and a day off between Tues-Fri. Start time can also be as early as 5:45 am or as late as 1:15 pm).
**Due to current conditions, this position will require you to temporarily work from home. This is not a permanent work from home opportunity. You may be required to report to the local office as early as January 2021.
You’re a great Match for this Role if:
- You want to utilize your customer service skills to help restore peoples’ lives’
- You have a strong desire to make a difference through compassionate customer service
- You’re an empathic, upbeat and friendly self-starter who can work independently, as well as, on a team
- You feel comfortable working within the Microsoft Office Suite and would be excited to learn new technology
- You’re organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced call center type environment where you will need to adhere to procedures, agendas, and measurements
- You’re known for clear and professional communication – both written and verbal
- You have a high school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) along with one year of customer service experience
- Being bilingual and/or having prior military experience is a plus
- Learning & growth opportunities
- Leadership teams that are communicative and compassionate
- Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
- A culture in which you dress for your day
- Recognition and advancement opportunities
- Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.