Field Property Adjuster - Chicago
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Notice of Licensing Requirement
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license.
• If required, the hiring manager will work with you along with the centralized licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
Since this is a field role, you will also need a driver’s license and reliable vehicle. This is a demanding field position that will require you to travel within the territory as much as 75% of your working time. As a result, you must be willing to work some weekend and extended hours if necessary.
If offered the role, you may go to one of our regional training centers for training in our state-of-the-art facility within your first two months at Allstate. You will work with other Allstate employees to learn standard processes, answer any questions you have and make career connections.
Unexpected events are often unnerving. So, it takes someone special to put the pieces back together for our customers.
This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your claims professional career today as a Field Property Adjuster in Chicago, IL and be part of our dynamic team!
A Day in the Life:
• Spend part of your day traveling to loss sites that have been damaged by fire, water, weather or other unexpected events.
• Conduct a detailed inspection of the property and write an estimate to capture the extent of the damages
• When you are not in the field, use advanced video technology to collaborate with onsite vendors to identify damages and write a damage estimate from a virtual setting
• Review the policy and decide how coverage applies and provide the customer with a detailed explanation of both the estimate and the policy
• Communicate empathetically with customers and help them through their claim process in a fast, fair and easy manner
• Negotiate claim settlements with customers in accordance with business unit standard methodologies
• Use data and analytics to tell a story and influence decision making
• Flexibility to work in a variety of environments - independently, within a team, face-to-face, and virtually
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Handles first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies moderately complex coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- Completes and reviews contents inventory, contents pricing, and mitigation bills
- Notifies insured of exposure over the policy limit
- Prepares damage estimate for moderately complex claims
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims
- May handle claims involving sink holes, or claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
- Inspects and estimates water damage, hail damage, or smoke and fire damage in a dwelling
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May participate in one or more moderately complex special assignments
- May serve as a committee team lead for smaller projects or as a committee team member on medium projects
- Conducts subrogation investigations
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Applies general ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
What We Offer
A culture of learning where you can expect to develop foundational skills for the future
Leadership teams that are communicative and compassionate
Impactful work by serving customers and the community in times of need
Potential for flexible work arrangements
A culture in which you dress for your day
Recognition and advancement opportunities
Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.