Field Property Adjuster
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Adjusting Function is responsible for verifying policy coverage and limits. The Adjusting function investigates and evaluates damage and/or liability; estimates damages, losses, or total indemnity; sets and maintains reserves; and/or negotiates and settles claims. Property claims involve resolution of first and/or third party property-related claims.
This is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to truly impact someone’s life! Start your career as a Field Property Adjuster in Carrollton, GA and be part of our dynamic team!
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic and occasionally moderately complex property damage and liability insurance claims. This individual travels to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis. This individual reviews the insurance policy, evaluates damages, determines loss coverage, and authorizes payments. This individual is responsible for delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention in a seamless fashion, and maintaining superior customer satisfaction during the entire claim process ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual is also gaining experience and consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
All bands will be considered.
Relocation MAY be considered.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Handles first notice of loss of water damage claims
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines and verifies basic and occasionally moderately complex coverage/policy information
- Provides coverage explanation to customer
- Completes and reviews contents inventory, contents pricing, and mitigation bills
- Notifies insured of exposure over the policy limit
- Prepares damage estimate for moderately complex claims
- Handles ALE (additional living expense) claims
- May handle claims involving sink holes, or claims that include Public Adjuster involvement
- Inspects and estimates water damage, hail damage, or smoke and fire damage in a dwelling
- Adheres to applicable compliance standards
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May conduct subrogation investigations
- May serve on a committee or project as appropriate
- May participate in one or more basic or occasionally moderately complex special assignments
As a condition of employment, your office/area may require you to obtain an adjuster and/or an appraiser license. If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Beginning to apply knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Beginning to apply knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Beginning to apply industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Beginning to apply knowledge of basic analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Beginning to apply knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Beginning to apply ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Beginning to apply negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Beginning to apply conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle basic and occasionally moderately complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.