Senior IT Auditor
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, you’ll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
We like creativity, enthusiasm and teamwork. We are looking for someone who has a great attitude and likes to learn many different aspects of how a business runs. We like our auditors to be passionate about learning technical processes and to take on new projects. You will apply a risk based approach to audit projects that are operational and strategic in nature. You will develop your audit programs and project plans and have full accountability for the lifecycle of your audit. Our audits provide great opportunities to work on reviews of various aspects of Information Technology like cybersecurity, emerging technologies (e.g., cloud, mobile, SaaS), security, IT operations and exposure to cutting edge technology methodology such as Agile.
We also collaborate with risk management functions for coordinated engagements on large scale strategic initiatives throughout Allstate. This allows you to gain experience and learn the various areas of Allstate, while making a difference in the company. This Senior IT Auditor position is part of a larger team responsible for assessing technology risk and control within Allstate. The broader team will be comprised of individuals with a wide range of skills and experiences within the technology arena. This Senior IT auditor will lead risk-based IT and Integrated audits and directly reports to the IT Audit Manager. The role will be working in a collaborative environment to deliver reviews where knowledge, experiences and internal/external networks can be leveraged to achieve results. In addition, this role plays a key function in developing the lead auditors of tomorrow during each engagement through coaching, and delegation to ensure the project follows department guidelines and professional standards.
- Lead assigned IT audit projects to achieve department guidelines and within established timetables with high quality results.
- Identifies risks and controls within applications and systems that supports key business processes and performs an assessment to determine audit scope
- Develops the audit program, manages the execution of the audit test procedures, including reviewing and analyzing evidence and ensuring appropriate conclusions are reached
- Focus on staff development during the execution of our audit engagements
- Drafts high quality reports and ensures findings and actions are well documented in accordance with department standards
- Consults through ad-hoc advisory engagements while working hand-in-hand with business units to share risk considerations as they undergo strategic projects
- Contributes to department initiatives to improve Allstate IA processes, including but not limited to data analytics strategies and the Fraud Center of Excellence
- Self-motivated individuals could have periodic flexibility in their work location and a complimentary shuttle is available to public transportation, if needed
- Three or more years of IT related experience with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills around complex technical and process issues
- Curiosity to learn more about Allstate’s business operations
- Excellent leadership, project, and time management skills
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, strong partnering skills, and ability to interact with various levels of management and external stakeholders
- Ability to effectively influence individuals to action at different levels of internal and external organizations
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals
- Flexibility, adaptability and comfort with the unknown
- Opportunity for occasional travel is available for those who are interested
- Strong knowledge of auditing concepts with relevant experience or strong business knowledge and experience
- Auditing or IT auditing experience is a plus Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of IT audit experience with demonstrated increasing levels of responsibilities.
- Public accounting / consulting related experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business or IT required.
- CPA, CIA, CISSP or CISA is preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.