Senior Legal Assistant- Farmington, Connecticut
Selective is seeking a Sr. Legal Assistant that provides secretarial and administrative support while maintaining confidentiality to attorneys who are located in our Staff Counsel office located in Farmington, CT.
- Create, update, and prepare for distribution correspondence, pleadings, briefs, memorandum, reports, articles, etc., using the Companys legal case management software, dictation and voice recognition equipment. Proofread final work product to ensure high quality and compliance with office standards. Work pro-actively on files.
- Relieve attorneys of routine administrative functions and takes initiative on reporting such as CLMS reports in anticipation of attorneys needs.
- Process mail and answer telephone calls.
- Maintain and coordinate attorneys calendar or diary.
- Arrange and coordinate travel or meeting plans for attorneys.
- Maintain filing system and other departmental records. In offices without a Law Office Administrator or Lead Legal Secretary, may assist the managing attorney in ordering supplies, may serve as IT and vendor liaison and CLMS champion, and may be assigned other administrative tasks as needed to support the team. Works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Open, purge, retrieve, organize and close paper legal files as directed.
- Communicate with claims, clients, opposing counsel and the courts.
- Provide assistance to the office team. Acts as a resource to legal secretaries and managers that can be relied upon for guidance and coaching on administrative and legal matters. Maintains a high level of productivity.
- Provide other assistance as requested by the manager.
- At least 5-10 years legal administrative experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook required
- Typing/dictation skill required.
- Insurance defense experience a plus.
Staff counsel experience a plus.
Excel and legal case management software required.
- Excellent customer service, writing, and oral communication skills required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree or business school preferred.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace. #diversity
Bachelors or better.
Licenses & Certifications