Large Account Business Segment Manager
- Provide technical expertise to support an underwriting framework that produces profitable business.
- Travel with regional personnel to assist in educating agents and selling accounts on Selective's products and services within assigned business segment.
- Develop distribute effective marketing materials to regional personnel, agents, and others to assist them in better understanding the value associated with Selective's products and services within assigned business segments.
- Create and provide educational materials and training programs for regional personnel and agents to ensure thorough understanding of products and services.
- Attend AMS conferences, road shows, sales meetings, etc., to actively promote Selective's products and services within Large Accounts.
- Develop excellent working relationships with regional personnel to ensure they are comfortable in requesting assistance in order to explore as many account opportunities from their agents as possible.
- Provide exceptional customer service to regional personnel and agents.
- Monitor Large Account results and pro-actively identify trends (positive and negative), and recommend strategies that could improve results.
- Assist the regions with 1) securing additional new business by providing expertise in underwriting and pricing large, unique and/or complex accounts, and 2) Identifying creative ways to successfully write unique accounts.
- Actively participate in all aspects of effective quality control assessments. These may include conducting new and renewal account audits, monitoring, and assessing scorecards, large loss analysis, action plans, etc.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel with regional personnel to assist in educating agents and selling accounts on Selective's products and services. Travel represents approximately 30% of employees time.
- College degree preferred.
- 8-10 years commercial lines experience
- 5+ years risk management preferred
- 5+ years Field Underwriting preferred
- 5+ years agency experience; and/or 5+ years specific business segment experience preferred
- Leading project teams
- Excellent customer service, networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Strong problem-solving ability, and excellent presentation skills
- Proven leadership capability
- Pro-active, driven, takes initiative and has a strong underwriting curiosity
- Must have valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications