Sr Actuarial Analyst- Commercial Lines- Pricing
Perform pricing analyses, experience and profitability reviews and/or state rate filings, and support business units as needed. Build actuarial and business expertise, including the pursuit of the FCAS designation. Perform other projects and assignments as directed.
1. Perform analysis of pricing and experience data, including communication of indications to business units and assessment of loss reduction options and or prepare pricing proposals and state rate filings where applicable. Attend and participate in meetings to review results and recommendations with Underwriting when appropriate.
2. Assist in provision to management of tools to drive appropriate policy level decision making by utilizing strategic tools, price monitor, planning/budgeting model and/or predictive modeling.
3. Provide front line field support to Field Underwriting, Corporate Underwriting and senior management in order to monitor changes to aggregate pricing levels and profitability through periodic analyses. Evaluate and communicate results to supervisor, business units and senior management when appropriate.
4. Prepare special reports, data compilations, analysis of company and industry experience, as well as other ad hoc analysis requests. Communicate results directly to business units.
5. Assist in the maintenance of automated systems and pricing models and improve efficiencies.
6. Serve as a trainer and mentor to junior actuarial staff. Continue development of own knowledge in areas of industry and actuarial disciplines.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.Travel Required No. Qualifications
Bachelors or better in Mathematics or related field.
Requires solid actuarial and analytical skills, along with a developing financial acumen. Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Must effectively train and develop junior actuarial staff 4 years of Property/Casualty actuarial work experience.
Licenses & Certifications