Location: Branchville NJ or NJ Remote
As the Flood Underwriting Technical Assistant, you will provide technical underwriting assistance and administrative support to underwriting team for assigned territories while adhering to the NFIP and Selectives guidelines and standards. To evaluate and ensure all required documentation is received on risks submitted for flood eligibility. Process required documentation as need to issue policies per experience.
1. Respond to routine agency questions and issues specific to the issuance and maintenance of Flood policies in a professional and timely manner. Look for opportunities to enhance the Selective experience and solicit business when appropriate. Assist with meeting retention and premium goals.
2. Maintain knowledge of changes occurring in the NFIP and within the company. Have a working knowledge of FEMA rules and regulations specific to pre-FIRM and Preferred Risk policy issuance as well as FEMAs guidelines specific to endorsement processing and cancellations.
3. Maintains a working knowledge of the flood system to ensure the accuracy of inputted data and those pre-FIRM / preferred rated policies are quoted per the NFIP rating tables.
4. Obtain and maintain a general knowledge of elevation certificates and how they are to be used when rating a policy.
5. Receive, review and process underwriting documentation to assist underwriting team with the issuance of flood policies. If applicable, issue simple pre-FIRM and PRP policies while adhering to FEMA and Selective underwriting guidelines.
6. Process various non-money and money endorsements per FEMA and Selective guidelines based upon experience and training. Must meet if not exceed internal standards when processing these and other underwriting transactions.
7. Ensures adequate pricing of individual risks through proper classification and accuracy of data entry. Meets and exceeds underwriting standards relative to data accuracy and processing times.
8. Ensures and maintains effective service and communications with agents through telephone and written correspondences.
9. The hours for this position will be 9:00 - 5:00 pm est.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Travel Required No. Qualifications
High School or better.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Strong underwriting background (3 to 5 years) in a P&C environment not required but a plus. Commercial property and/or homeowners experience Prior Flood Experience. Underwriting and/or flood knowledge a plus Excellent interpersonal skills with the commitment to work successfully in a team environment and foster teamwork. Strong communication skills Exceptional customer relations skills to support strong customer service focus. Ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain the necessary attention to detail Organizational and planning skills. Problem solving and decision-making skills. Excellent PC skills Preferred: Office automation/keyboarding.
Licenses & Certifications