Client Services Associate
We have several brand new opportunities for the ideal candidates to join our team as Client Service Associates! This position provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers for personal lines and commercial lines policies. In addition, it handles billing transactions, account functions and time sensitive communications.
- Manage a large amount of incoming calls from our customers in a call center environment. Ability to reconstruct policy activity based on knowledge of company billing systems as it relates to direct bill, agency bill, agency commission and the ability to perform accounting calculations. Determines when issues are to be escalated, and when to request exceptions above department guidelines. Knowledge of underwriting systems to obtain billing information (i.e. listed interests, named insured, pay plan).
- Handle customer complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits in a professional demeanor; follow up to ensure resolution. Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools. Identify and assess customers needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Review and accept payment according to policy status and follow PCI compliance requirements. Must possess ability to process system transactions within the scope of this position (i.e. payment console).
- Review reinstatement requests for commercial and personal lines accounts within outlined authority adhering to our reinstatement guidelines.
- Correspond with Billing Services team to provide timely and accurate resolution to cash transactions or requests sent via internal requests (tasks).
- Negotiate audit pay plans within outlined guidelines. Escalate exceptions from management to the Billing Services team for review prior to offer to policyholder or agent.
- Market and assist with customer sign up for online services such as SelectPay. Trouble shoot and assist with customer self-service calls to include assisting customers with information available on website. To include updating email address, unlock an account, assist with disabled accounts, walk a customer through updating funding and making payments based on security guidelines.
- Respond to department emails in a timely manner using email templates and department guidelines. This includes resolving customer complaints or follow up via phone, email, mail or chat.
- May process LPRs in accordance with company guidelines and protocols.
- May process FNOL calls and emails in Claims Portal and Claim Capture. Process initial rental set up in ARMS. Perform all other Claims functions, as needed and requested.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the internet
- Strong customer service skills and results oriented
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to perform in fast paced, high pressure environment
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience preferred:
- 1 year Insurance industry
- 2 years customer service representative
- Bilingual skills
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications