Client Services Underwriter I
Provide an exceptional customer experience, contribute to Client Services Underwriting profit, growth, retention, service, quality assurance goals and Client Service marketing initiatives through acceptance, modification or declination as well as pricing of risks submitted by agents and through servicing existing policyholders.
Full Time: 9:30am6:00pm for four weekdays, with either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday off, and then 9:00 to 5:30 Saturday
- Work within specific letter of authority - to quote, accept, decline and modify lower complexity risks within territorial assignment in accordance with accepted underwriting guidelines. Refer all outside of authority appropriate level.
- Answer incoming calls from policyholders, agents and lending institutions responding to inquiries and provide insurance counselling on coverage, routine billing questions, payment status, and making adjustments to policy information based on established Client Services best practices and within prescribed Letter of Authority. Also, conduct outbound calls and follow-up work required to close out inquiry/transaction.
- Review and complete Certificates of Insurance and Evidences of Property including those requiring underwriting authority and including review of insurance terms within bid specs and contracts.
- Work in unison with policyholders, agents, regional underwriters and AMSs (and other departments within the Selective community) to grow and maintain a profitable book of business based on agency, territorial and team assignments.
- Responsible for sales and growth as prompted thought direct marketing and sales leads. Generate premium growth within assigned territory for existing customers, agency warm leads and new business growth. Support marketing efforts of existing clients though upsell communications and direct marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for new lower complexity small business production as assigned through Cross Sell, UP Sell, Warm Leads, and other Campaigns. Gathering, analyze and evaluate risk exposure through appropriate risk documentation. Adopt proactive actions and/or make proactive recommendations to improve risk profitability.
- Develops knowledge of industry information, products, competitors, and customer preferences.
- Reinforce the ease of doing business with Selective by meeting or exceeding agent expectations and service quality on a consistent basis. Communicate openly and in a timely fashion. Drive agent adoption of our technology through our training efforts.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Obtain and maintain Resident Produce License and Nonresident Licenses as identified.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the usage of all supplied desktop tools.
- Work effectively with the automated underwriting and e-mail systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers/peers.
- Ability to adapt to change as the company moves forward in its strategic vision.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Selective's organization, products, and automation system is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- 2 + years insurance related experience preferred
- 2+ years automation experience preferred
- Insurance related course work is a plus
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Licenses & Certifications