As the Sr. Underwriter you will underwrite referral accounts and manage the success and profitability of an assigned group of Excess and Surplus lines (E&S) General Agents for a territory within the region and the activities for those territories. Creates business partnerships with inside underwriting teams and General Agents. Develops strong agency relationships and presence within the territory through regular agency visits and strong agency management activities.
Preferred Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Or remotely within territory: AZ, OK, TX, AR, LA
1. Promotes the development and production of profitable business through the monitoring activities and goals.
2. Monitor adherence to company underwriting guidelines.
3. Works closely with the underwriting manager in achieving budgeted regional financial goals.
4. Establishes procedures and controls to ensure accomplishment of service standards.
5. Completes activities, workflows, and productivity to ensure compliance with company, regulatory, consumer and technical standards.
6. Promotes the use of technology to improve overall efficiency, productivity and service both internally and externally.
7. Identifies plans that brings performance to an acceptable level.
8. Works with regional management in preparing and participating in a variety of important meeting forums, such as the conferences, producer council meetings and regional sales meetings.
9. Assist in developing and implementing important strategies related to market share, agency appointments, product marketing, and other key corporate strategies.
10. Monitors all communications to agents and follow ups on the marketing effect and effectiveness of our communication. Responsible for automobile travel within territory traveling to agent offices. Must be able to travel within territory.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.Travel Required Yes. Qualifications
College degree with 5 years Excess and Surplus Lines Underwriting experience. Must have valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
Agency Management, Marketing, or Field Underwriting,
Licenses & Certifications