Manages a claims unit/department in accordance with company claim policies, practices, procedures and delegated authority. Oversees claims strategy and ensures unit/department meets claim goals and objectives.
- Plans, controls and coordinates claims activity and workflow within claims unit/department in order to maintain the highest professional customer service and technical standards, and to ensure work is produced in a timely fashion and that all deadlines are met.
- Ensures the timely settlement of claims and maintains acceptable closing ratios for the department.
- Prepares operating budget for unit/department and monitors and controls expenses.
- Recommends claims procedural changes and plans, organizes and implements these changes in accordance with company guidelines. Keeps current on all changes affecting work production.
- Maintains override capability, authorizes settlements up to designated authority limits, and submits recommendations to designated officials for those claims in excess of authority level.
- Oversees combined loss ratio and productivity numbers and ensures they are in compliance with company standards.
- Oversees and controls allocated claims expenses.
- Evaluates personnel for settlement authority.
- Plans reviews and conducts claims reviews and settlement conferences. Mediates complaints and disputes regarding
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory. Car travel represents approximately 0-10% of employees time and a valid drivers license.
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Firsthand knowledge of technical claim handling best practices, operational functions, performance management practices and leadership abilities.
- Must have valid state-issued drivers license in good standing and be able to drive an automobile.
Education & Experience:
- College degree preferred
- 10+ years claims experience and 5+ years claims supervisory experience.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace
Licenses & Certifications