Senior Legal Assistant
The Senior Legal Assistant will be located in the Richmond , VA office and will provide remote litigation support the Texas and Louisiana attorneys with defense litigation; focusing on pleadings, discovery, discovery-related motions, substantive motions, briefs, memoranda and all other litigation court filings.
- Create, update, and prepare for distribution correspondence, pleadings, briefs, memoranda, reports, articles, etc., using th
- Companys legal case management software, dictation and voice recognition equipment. Proofread final work product to ensure high quality and compliance with office standards. Work proactively on files.
- Relieve attorneys of routine administrative functions and takes initiative on reporting such as CLMS reports in anticipation of attorneys needs.
- Process mail and answer telephone calls.
- Maintain and coordinate attorneys calendar or diary.
- Arrange and coordinate travel or meeting plans for attorneys.
- Maintain filing system and other departmental records. In offices without a Law Office Administrator or Lead Legal Secretary, may assist the managing attorney in ordering supplies, may serve as IT and vendor liaison and CLMS champion, and may be assigned other administrative tasks as needed to support the team.
- Works well independently with minimal supervision.
- Open, purge, retrieve, organize and close paper legal files as directed.
- Communicate with claims, clients, opposing counsel and the courts.
- Provide assistance to the office team. Acts as a resource to legal secretaries and managers that can be relied upon for guidance and coaching on administrative and legal matters.
- Maintains a high level of productivity.
- Provide other assistance as requested by the manager.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
#LI-MW1Travel Required No. Qualifications
High School or better.
Bachelor of Science or better.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook. Typing/dictation skill. Excel and legal case management software required. Excellent customer service, writing, and oral communication skills .
At least 5 years legal experience.
Licenses & Certifications