PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Are you looking to work for a growing company where your creative ideas are heard and encouraged? If so, ICW Group is the place to be! As a Learning Specialist, you will use your instructional design expertise to create engaging, interactive eLearning courses. You will develop and deliver effective internal training programs that prepare Team Members to drive revenue through effective performance. The position exists to provide customers an exceptional experience across the organization or specific line of business.
*Will consider candidates throughout the U.S.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conducts needs assessments across the organization or specific line of business to determine opportunities for process or knowledge improvement through training.
- Consults with leaders to identify knowledge gaps and, using a structured instructional design model, determines training needs and recommends solutions. Directs leaders to alternative resources if training is not the most appropriate solution.
- Establishes training goals and develops curriculum plans, where applicable, to achieve training goals.
- Works with senior leadership to determine training priorities and resources available for training and creates master schedule for development.
- Identifies appropriate training development resource, whether internal, vendor, or external program and recommends vendor where appropriate, managing to budget.
Designs training programs using instructional design principles and best practices.
- Based on training goals, audience, and available resources, determines the best delivery method to achieve learning results. Identifies measurement(s) for training success.
- Working with subject matter experts, creates content, learning exercises, measurement and reinforcement activities based on the delivery method and training goals established. Ensures the training content is interactive, engaging to audience and meets corporate standards for training.
- Creates instructor guides to document each training course.
- Works with instructors to ensure understanding of lesson plans to facilitate the best delivery experience for participants.
- Ensures all materials are prepared in a format for the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Periodically reviews and updates/revises training content to ensure training is current and relevant.
Coordinates the delivery of training.
- Working with leaders, identifies participants and schedules training using the LMS.
- Coordinates participant registration process. Ensures courses are full with participants. May seek opportunities to invite other departments who may benefit from cross-training where space is available.
- Schedules rooms for in-person delivery, coordinates phone and web meeting resources for webinars or prepares materials for distribution via the LMS for self-managed courses.
Prepares participant materials for distribution and ensures delivery in accordance with timeline in instructors guide.
- Coordinates all aspects of training delivery including technology, instructor materials and tools such as audio and video, etc. on day(s) of training.
- Conducts training programs appropriate for in-person delivery and technical/knowledge level ensuring participant engagement and satisfaction, and high evaluation results.
- Utilizes LMS as repository for all training materials and courses. Converts current available training to LMS-compliant formats; identifies training that can be automatically delivered using the LMS tools.
Manages training communications and promotions for target audience.
- Creates promotional material to attract participants to training. Ensures widespread knowledge of training opportunities and works with leaders to solicit participation.
- Communicates with participants and, where applicable, managers, regarding pre-work, training content and reinforcement activities.
- Manages organization or line of business training page on iPortal.
Conducts training evaluation.
- Establishes evaluation methodology using Kirkpatricks Model during the design phase of training.
- Measures training in accordance with evaluation methodology and reports results to leadership. Determines changes to training program based on evaluation results and ensures changes are implemented.
- Tracks instructor performance and provides feedback and coaching to continually improve performance.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Business Administration, Education, Education Technology or related field.
Minimum 3+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certificate in Human Resources or other learning and development related certification.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Working knowledge of organizational development, education and/or training. Experience can include developing training programs, teaching adult learners, managing projects, coordinating logistics, writing training materials, and use of Microsoft products and learning management systems or databases. Insurance experience, specifically workers compensation is desirable. Ability to write training material and articles for publication. Ability to effectively collaborate with and provide consultative services to all levels of staff and management. Possess outstanding presentation skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, required to stand, walk, sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor. Additional competencies required: none.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier and other standard office equipment.
This description is a general statement of essential job functions and responsibilities.
It does not exclude other duties as assigned.