Policy Forms Specialist
Policy Forms Specialist
Location: St Petersburg, FL
- Functions as the primary point of contact for coordination, execution and communication of form revisions in assigned state(s). Possesses deep knowledge of his/her assigned state(s) and downstream impact to others. May receive general direction from Manager on day-to-day work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and drafts Progressive Home's proprietary policy forms language; ensures compliance with state laws.
- Conducts competitor research, performs jurisdictional research and analyzes Progressive Home's trends (including claims trends, quoting trends, take-up rates, etc) regarding policy forms and coverages. Consults with internal legal counsel to respond to legislative or regulatory changes affecting policy forms.
- Leads meetings with business units to analyze potential policy form changes; coordinates with Product, Underwriting, Marketing and Claims to determine which policy forms are needed for each state.
- Responsible for communicating with Progressive Home's Senior Leadership team on at least a semi-annual basis regarding Progressive Home's policy forms including an overview of each difference between ASI and competitors' forms, the cost benefit analysis related to that difference and providing a recommendation for future policy form strategy.
- Has lead responsibility in managing the policy form revision process. Partners with Pricing and Product Manager, IT, Underwriting, Claims and Marketing on state filing review meetings. Must be aware of relevant deadlines to ensure these are met.
- Serves as the primary contact between state regulators (DOI's) and Progressive Home regarding policy form issues. Responds to objections and any other concerns that state regulators may have regarding forms. Ensures state approval of forms.
- Compiles policy form filings and other DOI communications. Ensures these are documented internally, submitted via SERFF and monitored for DOI responses.
- Uses internal and external systems to research policy forms related customer, claims and agent complaints and recommends corrective action when needed.
- Researches and works to correct policy form related system/underwriting/claims issues.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience
- Organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills including written and verbal
- Intermediate technical ability to generate reports, ensure they are correct and read reports accurately
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Proficient MS Office skills
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- Annual Gainshare bonus based on company performance, up to 16% of salary
- 401k which includes dollar-for-dollar company match of up to 6% that is 100% vested
- Dedication to work/life balance which includes flexible work arrangements
- Dynamic culture that encourages engagement, supports Employee Resource Groups, values your input and embraces a relaxed atmosphere
- Onsite gym and wellness programs with discounts & rewards
- Paid training, tuition assistance and career development.
- Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
- Healthcare standard benefits (medical, dental, vision)
PLEASE NOTE: For additional details regarding this job, contact ASI Human Resources
** Sponsorship is not available for this position. **