Property Damage Appraisers
Independent Contractor - Property (Multi-Line) Appraiser
Property (Multi-Line) Appraisers verify and accurately appraise the cost of repairs on commercial or residential structures, heavy/specialty equipment, and automobiles so that our clients can determine a fair amount for settlement. An appraiser reviews each assignment by speaking with the owner or representative, researching records and inspecting any involved property, to the satisfaction and approval of the client and or claimant.
Description: Multi-Line Appraiser (Property, Heavy/Specialty Equipment and Auto)
CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- 3+ years field claims experience including property claims, insurance experience or construction/restoration experience;
- Electronic estimating experience using Mitchell, AdjustRite and Xactimate;
- 1+ year, strong customer service and conflict resolution competency;
- 1+ year, in being able to successfully perform work independently (self-motivated);
- 1+ year, interpreting property policy language and/or completion of property adjusting training course;
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and adaptability;
- Contacting PDA clients to complete inspections/appraisals within our given time frame;
- Traveling varying distances to physically inspect Property, Heavy Equipment, and Auto appraisals;
- Cell phone or other device capable of taking quality photos and transmitting them;
- Able to use and adhere to our Optimizer automated scheduler to maximize efficiency within your daily work schedule;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Promptly and effectively handles to conclusion all assignments. Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in client policies and procedures. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct consistent with the delivery of superior service;
- Recommends Special Reserves where necessary. In accordance with Client Reserving Guidelines;
- Maintains current knowledge of local industry repair procedures and local market pricing.
- Has a working knowledge of Department of Insurance and State Regulations;
- Submits detailed property inspections reports summarizing the damages, or any possible open items that may surface;
- Able to identify potential and questionable damages reported by owner and communicate with client with findings;
- Ability to plan and navigate daily routes efficiently by the use of our Optimizer Automation tool to assist with quicker inspections and appraisals;
- Ability to visually and manually inspect all angles of interior and exterior of vehicle, heavy equipment and property assignments;
- Ability to establish repair requirements and cost estimates for losses. Ability to evaluate and successfully negotiate operations and cost of repairs;
- Delivers a positive customer service experience to all internal, external, current and prospective clients;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced performance driven environment;
- Ability to articulate decisions and technical knowledge both verbally and written;
- Reliable transportation, valid state driver’s license, and safe driving record is required;
- Professional business attire and appearance while carrying out services to the public.
- State licensing where required;
- Adjusters license - if applicable to location;
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Property – Xactimate Certified - REQUIRED
- Heavy Equipment/Specialty (RV’s, Boats) REQUIRED
- AdjustRite experience PREFERRED – not required
- Auto experience – 1 to 3 years’ experience
- Mitchell experience PREFERRED - not required
100% travel is required in territory for the contract.
Normal office or field claims environment. Ability to operate a motor vehicle for up to 8 hours daily, repeatedly entering and exiting the vehicle. Must be able to make physical inspections of property loss sites. Must be able to climb ladders, balance at various heights, stoop, bend and/or crawl to inspect vehicles and structures. Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather. Available to work catastrophic loss events. Willingness to work irregular hours and to travel with possible overnight requirements a plus.
Founded in 1963, PDA serves more than 2,500 clients and completes more than 450,000 estimates and inspections annually. We have more than 250+ offices and 650 appraisers that work quickly and efficiently to serve clients anywhere across the United States.
At PDA, our success over the last half a century can be traced back to the strength of our people. The people on the ground providing the highest level of service to customers all across the country. The people who establish our vision and culture. The people who develop and implement our industry-leading technology solutions and those who make our business run day-in and day-out.
PDA’s business success is at an all-time high, and we’ve got big plans for the future. Why not join the people who are making it happen?