Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryTo develop rates, rating plans, pricing strategies and financial forecasts in order to achieve the company objectives for profitability and growth. To provide advice and direction to less experienced staff, including the task management and mentoring of those undertaking professional qualifications.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with senior management to ensure the department achieves the following areas of responsibility in accordance to the business plan:
- Uses the appropriate systems and pricing tools to develop and implement sound rates and/or rating plans/models.
- Works with Underwriting teams to develop and price new products.
- Supports Underwriting in the pricing of large complex deals not adequately handled by pricing models.
- Provides analysis of trends/factors/issues impacting Underwriting results and works with Underwriting to determine action plans.
- Forecasts and interprets underwriting results to aid management in planning process. Analyses and interprets trends.
- Works with appropriate business units to develop financial business plans and business strategies.
- Management Information:
- Works closely with the Business Intelligence team, to develop data retrieval, categorization and reporting systems.
- Oversees the production of reports required to monitor progress in improving profitability and implementation of business initiatives.
- Identifies potentially useful areas of research and makes recommendations to business units accordingly. May develop and work with predictive modelling concepts.
- Project Mgmt:
- Participates in key/complex actuarial projects, including cross-company actuarial initiatives to include possible presentation to senior management. May take on responsibility for smaller projects.
- Provides leadership, guidance, mentoring and coaching as appropriate to junior members of the team and provides support and advice to those undertaking professional qualifications.
- Assists the senior management team in determining goals and setting direction for the business unit.
- May be responsible for managing complex projects.
- Has achieved Fellowship designation
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- May be a subject expert with thorough knowledge in a specific area.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTravelers is an equal opportunity employer.