PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this position is to provide data analysis solutions and support the Product Management function in driving profitable growth. The position exists to evaluate product performance, recommend enhancements, and assist with the development of product strategies, including product launches, to increase company growth profitably.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Gathers and analyzes data from various sources specific to company lines of business.
- Evaluates and monitors product performance and compares against industry trends to identify issues and opportunities.
- Maintains templates for competitive research and performs competitive analyses to continually improve product pricing, features, and offerings.
- Monitors pertinent insurance publications to determine impact on line of business.
- Maintains internal analytical reports and tools owned within Product Management discipline.
- Prepares reports, graphs and charts based on research and analysis.
Assists with Product related projects and planning.
- Ensures all relevant documentation is updated to reflect processes, decisions and changes.
- Identifies business requirements to facilitate changes to processes or systems.
- Tests rate and program or feature changes to ensure programming has been completed per defined business requirements.
Collaborates with different departments to help achieve short and long-term goals related to product growth and profitability.
- Develops an understanding of company products and features to meet current and future needs.
- Provides assistance to Product and Underwriting leaders through market research, benchmarking, and reporting.
- Assists in identifying key metrics for product performance and communicates with key stakeholders.
- Provide support for various ad hoc requests as needed.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics or Business related field. Minimum 0 2 years of insurance product or business analysis related experience and/or training required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Demonstrated data aggregation and analysis skills. Experience with contemporary data analysis and reporting tools. Intermediate MS Excel experience including VBA and macros and creating dashboards. Strong communication, time management, and problem solving skills.
Office environment no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.