Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description SummaryWe have a new exciting opportunity for a Senior Wording Specialist with Property and Casualty experience to support our MGA, DUA and Small Business whilst also supporting the requirement of the Middle Market, Corporate and Lloyds underwriting teams. You will work with business unit leaders and the Director of Wordings to manage and draft our insurance contract wordings, as well as supporting the sound technical underwriting standards through wordings training.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you, when you join us for your interview. While we may not be able to accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Be Committed, Be Connected, Be Creative and Be Energised - these are the values we are passionate about. Understanding and embracing our values will shape your success and contribute to making this a great place to work. The following key activities form a core part of your role;
Policy Wordings and MGA/DUA agreement contracts:
- Proactively, manage and undertake, policy wording development and control with a focus on Property and Casualty MGA/ DUA/ Small Business ensuring our Wordings are robust and accurately drafted.
- Manage and facilitate, the amendment and drafting of policy wordings to ensure compliance with underwriters intended depth and breadth of coverage and in line with requirements of Product development Specialists, Portfolio managers and NUO's.
- Build and maintain relationships with brokers/underwriters so that wordings meet pre-bind quality assurance and issues are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Ensure timely actions are taken as agreed with the business leads
- Monitor and review corporate appetite, Policy coverage, the legal, regulatory and statutory (where relevant) environment, industry developments and claims trends.
- Help define and develop European Underwriting positions and guidelines in relation to wordings protocols.
- Liaise with US parent, Underwriting and Claim in respect of emerging issues, corporate underwriting stance, coverage and product development.
- Act as a technical reference point for underwriting business units and provide clarity and advice on technical issues.
- For both new and existing Product Development, undertake, manage and facilitate policy wording development and control (ensuring wordings are robust, accurately drafted and maintain commonality, where appropriate) whilst working alongside the Product Development Specialists. Technical Training.
- Assist in respect of development /provision and maintenance of Technical Training materials, including but not solely, in respect of compliance with Lloyds Market reform initiatives and respond as appropriate to claims trends, technical issues and industry requirements.
To be successful you will need to consistently deliver a great experience in every customer contact; connect with the right partners internally to find creative solutions to problems; be a role model and behave in a way that actively supports an inclusive work environment; and consistently deliver on your commitments.
Experience drafting underwriting policy wordings.
Experience managing projects.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Previous exposure of London Market systems/processes beneficial.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Relevant experience gained working within the Company or Lloyds market.
- Relevant work experience gained within Property and Casualty, MGA, DUA, Small Business (from either an Underwriting or Claims perspective preferably with a legal bias).
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Consistently sets clear direction by defining goals and priorities
- Develops a high degree of trust through demonstrated persona integrity ethics and a commitment to doing the right thing
- Energises others to commit to achieving the highest standards
- Consistently demonstrates ability to influence and leverage behaviour for the benefit of the company
- Must have the ability to lead in a way that demonstrates passion and a sense of urgency and he/she will be capable of garnering the respect of both his/her, peers and senior leaders. The successful candidate will demonstrate the maturity, judgment, sensitivity and competence necessary to operate in a matrix organization.
- Skills & Abilities
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy, coupled with excellent analytical & problem solving skills.
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Works effectively with all levels and can build new relationships.
- Effectively coaches and monitors employees at all levels
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions
- Manages own work
- Understands the business and responses to all related issues, concerns and problems.
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Requires some travel
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.