Vice President - Controller
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Vice President, Controller to be located in our Silver Spring, MD office. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the position will oversee, plan and manage the financial accounting functions and related staff to include the Statutory and GAAP accounting policies and procedures, financial reporting, investments, general ledger system, payroll, accounts payable and financial accounting operations for the entire Ullico Family of Companies.
Job Duties/Responsibilities are as follows:
- Coordinates, plans and manages the financial accounting and reporting, investment accounting, accounts payable and payroll functions.
- Plans and reviews the accurate preparation of quarterly and annual Statutory and GAAP financial statements for the entire ULLICO Inc. Family of Companies.
- Coordinates the audit of approximately 20 separate Ullico related entities/funds.
- Serves as Chairperson on the Financial Disclosure Committee and the Capital Committee.
- Provides financial analysis of deals, acquisitions, quarterly results, etc.
- Manages internal accounting controls in relation to Sarbanes-Oxley including bank reconciliation, suspense account reconciliation, check signing, etc.
- Represents the Finance Department on the Infrastructure Investment Opportunity Committee.
- Researches Statutory and GAAP accounting standards for company transactions.
- Coordinator of state insurance department examinations and inquiries.
- Work with third party administrators, internal audit, actuarial and other departments in establishing and maintaining accounting policy and controls.
- Performs other similar and related duties as requested by the CFO.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field. Certified Public Accountant or advance degree preferred. Ten to Twelve years’ management experience in an insurance company financial environment and/or public accounting. Must be familiar with Statutory and GAAP accounting standards. Demonstrated computerized spreadsheet knowledge. Demonstrated analytical, communications and presentation skills required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.