Adjuster - Property Field
Primary Job Responsibility :
With limited supervision, promptly and effectively evaluate, negotiate, and adjust property claims within adjuster’s authority and following client’s procedures. Investigates, determines liability, confirms coverage, establishes damages, and negotiates settlement of claims via various communication channels such as telephone, internet and email.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Within authority, investigates cause and origin of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insured, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, other adjusters, public personnel, etc. Checks for prior claims and identifies possibly suspicious claims.
- Facilitates communication between customers, agents, vendors, third party administrators and other employees. Proactively provides agents with important claim related information; provides all parties with claim process and status as appropriate; answers questions or redirects to other areas.
- Maintains a global view of the property claim workflow in order to provide customers with appropriate, accurate and timely information throughout the life cycle of their claim. Makes independent decisions and self-supervises most files but recognizes when assistance is needed.
- Actively manages individual claim inventory and meets cycle-time goals for closing files. Claim inventory will focus on complex and highly complex claims within a given authority level that requires on-site inspection, face-to-face contact with customers, and HRP (Homeowner Repair Program) re-inspections.
- Recognizes, controls and resolves disputes with tact and diplomacy. Notifies or directly involves the agent in the dispute resolution. Utilizes arbitration, appraisal and alternate dispute resolution as needed. Recognizes when assistance is needed and obtains it.
- Inspects damaged property and determines claims related damage. Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged property. Determines and reports on subrogation potential.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements :
- Must currently hold Active Resident or Designated Home State Independent Adjuster License
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to obtain a working knowledge of Xactimate or other claim estimating platforms used during deployment
- Reliable vehicle capable of carrying necessary equipment(transporting ladder)
- Must be willing to undergo a background check
- Valid driver license (driving record will be verified)
- Exceptional time management skills are a must
- Ability to efficiently and effectively handle simple to moderately complex property claims
- Ability to attend and obtain client certification to be eligible for immediate deployment
- Solid customer service skills or held a previous position requiring a significant amount of customer interaction
Working Environment and Physical Requirements :
Employees must be able to work a minimum of 72 hours per week for catastrophe assignments. Every adjuster shall be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to operate a computer terminal/PC equipment, and inspect property claims which could include obtaining measurements of the roof and living areas, inspecting attics, basements, crawl spaces, and other claim locations as applicable (requires walking, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crawling, and lifting objects typically weighing less than 50 lbs.). Adjusters shall also be able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to lift, carry, unfold/extend, and climb an OSHA approved ladder (which may exceed 50 lbs. in weight) for roof inspections on both residential and commercial structures. Employees are also expected to produce quality work, and exercise integrity and ethical decision-making during all work assignments.