Employee Benefits Account Manager
About the Role
A benefits consulting firm headquartered in North Carolina with extensive operations in Virginia has an immediate job opening in the client service team. As Employee Benefits Account Manager, you will focus on managing the agency’s Virginia clients with the #1 product line in their health and welfare plans being group medical insurance.
Location: 100% remote, work-at-home role. You must reside in Virginia and have an active state L&H insurance license.
Travel: Expect 50% travel to manage clients located throughout cities like Virginia Beach, Richmond, Roanoke and Charlottesville.
Insurance Experience: Strong group medical product knowledge is required. Self-funded experience is a must.
Work History: Insurance agency or insurance company backgrounds will be considered.
Target Clients: The agency specializes in working with government entities. Quite a few of your clients will be school districts.
Compensation: $55k-$70k salary range depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Crunching Numbers- Dive into the analysis of plan data, claims history, costs, quotes, discounts and rate guarantees
- Relationship Management- Manage and maintain client relationship; be client facing- visit with them on-site to conduct mid-year reviews and renewal planning
- Keep the Process Moving- Walk accounts through the transition process to set up new accounts, cultivate insurance carrier relationships, prepare proposals and arrange internal files for accurate policy administration
Skills & Experience
- Strong Group Medical Knowledge
- Experience working with health insurance plans, data, underwriting and client management
- State life and health insurance license
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel