Senior Business Systems Analyst
At Seibels, we seek Team Members who have a passion for work, a thirst for knowledge, and a hunger for learning more. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to receiving your application for our Senior Business Systems Analyst position!
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will review, analyze and evaluate complex customer/business unit processes and user needs. You will Identify and recommend needed system changes as well as coordinate with customers, business units and application staff to create detailed specifications relating to system changes and ensure quality assurance testing. This position maintains a general knowledge of company-wide processes and sub-systems and participates in new/enhanced system functionality designs, developments and implementations. The Senior Business Systems Analyst will actively looks for ways to improve productivity. The Senior Business Systems Analyst acts as the Scrum Lead by grooming the backlog and planning sprint work. The Senior Business System Analyst is responsible for gathering and writing requirements as they relate to policy processing, as well as other types of communications needed for Underwriting, Customer Service, Producers and Policyholders.
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Provides careful analysis of reported problems, understanding the nature of the problem, and how it relates to the customer/business unit’s performance. Assesses and analyzes critical issues with ease and takes appropriate corrective action. Works closely with the customer/business units and IT management to keep them involved in resolution specifics. Understands the consequences of a solution’s options and provides guidance to both customer/business units and other business analysts. Determines if reported problems are system related, or a result of current processes/procedures. Makes recommendations on processes to improve efficiency.
- Acts as liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Provides accurate answers to questions relating to system generated reports, system behaviors and various output relating to policy and/or claims processing, as well as general system processing.
- Proactively communicates identified problems to other applications/development personnel in order to obtain all pertinent information and develop specifications needed for system changes. Works closely with developers, as well as other IT personnel, in the development of system changes to ensure proper implementation of code changes.
- Manages work assignments to meet deadlines and priorities as assigned by customer/business units. Notifies both customer/business units and IT Management of potential problems that may interfere with stated priorities. Prepares and plans tasks so that IT development resources remain focused and productive when conflicts arise. Ensures timely identification, tracking, reporting and resolution of issues. Manages customer/business unit expectations effectively.
- Coordinates and actively participates in multiple projects to ensure requirements are understood, gathered and documented, development tasks are defined, assigned and completed, test plans are developed, conducted and verified, results are consistent with customer/business unit needs, specifications and legal compliance, and production implementation is timely, accurate and complete. Actively assists in the training and guidance of other business analysts to increase overall departmental knowledge of systems, procedures and processes. Recommends personnel training in areas of weakness. Proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles.
- Plays a lead role in the development of systems and/or system enhancements by actively contributing to the design of any new system functions. Understands and supplies detail specifications through in-depth research of proposed development design and/or architecture, modification or addition to the system or application. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Four year undergraduate degree preferably in insurance, information technology, business or related field and 5+ years business analyst experience preferably in a P & C environment. Associate’s degree considered with appropriate work experience.
- Work history should show a progression in positions with increased responsibilities.
- Experience with SMART Communications technology.
- Guidewire PolicyCenter Forms experience.
- Working knowledge of requirements management tools and prototyping and/or business/technical workflow tools.
- Confluence and Jira experience is a plus.
- Strong MS Office applications skills required including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Certificate of General Insurance – INS 21, 22 & 23 is required within the first 12 months in the position.