Senior Sales Development Specialist
Senior Sales Development Specialist
Life Insurance Industry
THE OPPORTUNITY: Expand your knowledge and skills as a member of our highly regarded Sales and Marketing team and experience the culture that has helped us earn recognition as a “Chicago 101 Best and Brightest Company to Work For” since 2006.
The Senior Sales Development Specialist at Mutual Trust is partnered with Regional Sales Directors and their geographical sales territories or is assigned specific accounts. This individual is responsible for assisting with cultivating and managing new and existing relationships with the Field Force to increase sales of Mutual Trust products. This is accomplished by communicating product features, benefits and, performance; preparing sales illustrations and providing technical assistance regarding illustration software and web site navigation to the field force and proactively following up on pending business and potential sales.
The position requires an individual that has a sales focus with excellent phone skills, a strong work ethic, a competitive drive to succeed and is willing to pro-actively call the field to increase the sale of Mutual Trust products. Respond to external and internal inquiries relating to Illustration software, agent web site, Mutual Trust products and the various selling systems supported by Mutual Trust.
- Prepare sales illustrations in support of agent sales activities and new business policy issue requirements.
- Consult on specific cases providing guidance on product selection and marketing techniques for complex sales scenarios.
- Pro-actively call the field to help them convert pending applications and to inform them of our products, performance and services, within proper market conduct parameters. Follow up with the field on sales illustrations generated by us and applications submitted to us to increase their submitted and placed business with Mutual Trust.
- Maintain individual and team sales activity database to track department activity and assist in identifying sales trends and potential opportunities.
- Create and maintain strong professional relationships with the field.
- Develop, administer and conduct web-based training for field force individuals and groups regarding Mutual Trust’s services, products, website and illustration software. Conduct live training sessions on occasion.
- Understand the various selling systems supported by Mutual Trust and demonstrate the ability to prepare sales illustrations in support of those systems.
- Serve as the coordinator for at least one of the company supported sales systems or national accounts.
- Contribute to the development of Marketing communications materials, case studies and training materials by providing research, contributing ideas, preparing sales illustrations and reviewing materials prior to publication.
- Provide technical support for sales illustration system through testing, reporting of software ‘bugs’ and software enhancements.
- Participate in special projects, as required
- Communicating conceptual ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Act as a solution provider to support sales by assessing and providing sound, technical advice and illustration support on products.
- Understanding technical differences in the life and annuity portfolio so proper advice can be given.
- Acquiring and staying current in basic knowledge of current and changing rules and regulations.
- Staying current with knowledge on industry trends, products, selling systems, sales ideas and sales strategies through association memberships, seminar attendance and review of industry publications.
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five to eight plus years of industry experience with ability to demonstrate sound, in-depth understanding of life insurance products with emphasis on Whole Life, Universal Life, and a working knowledge of annuity products.
- Industry designations such as Life/Health license, CLU, ChFC, CFP a plus
- Additional advanced study in the field, as evidence by LOMA, , or similar studies.
- Interest in attaining industry designations
- Knowledge of life insurance sales process and ability to demonstrate knowledge and use sales techniques with strong communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite, insurance sales illustration software, and web based financial support applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work collaboratively or independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Solid time management and follow-up skills
- Ability to quickly learn and efficiently utilize software packages
- Exhibit creativity and self-motivation
Mutual Trust Life Insurance Company has been a “Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For” for 14 consecutive years, and on the National “Best and Brightest” list since 2011. Check out the videos on our Career Page to hear what our employees say sets us apart.
Located in Oak Brook, Illinois, Mutual Trust Life Insurance Company, a Pan-American Life Insurance Group Stock Company, develops, underwrites, and services individual life insurance and annuities. Known as The Whole Life Company®, our expertise is participating whole life insurance—the foundation of sound financial planning. We are a leader in the personal life insurance industry with a primary focus on participating whole life products. We are proud of our 110+ years in business, our strong company values, our commitment to long-term relationships, and our AM Best rating of Excellent, and our Fitch rating of A. These ratings are a testament to our stability and strong leadership. We are a member of the Pan American Life Insurance Group, an equally strong and long-standing insurance company.
We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits, and opportunities for career development. We invest in our employees, cultivating a results-oriented work environment that is based on respect and accountability, and we reward high performance.
If you are high-energy, like to be challenged, and enjoy a dynamic, innovative environment that provides multiple opportunities to contribute, as well as a broad base of responsibilities, we are the right company for you! In addition to market competitive salary and benefits, we offer:
- Work-life balance
- Professional development, tuition reimbursement and industry education
- Friendly and collaborative environment
- Paid holidays and generous time off plan
- Summer hours
- On-site exercise facility
- On-site subsidized cafeteria
- 401(k) with generous Company match
- Charitable giving programs & volunteer time off
- Committee involvement opportunities
We’re excited about the opportunity to add a new team member to our Sales & Marketing team and we look forward to meeting the person who will bring experience, fresh ideas and a positive energy to this role.