Paralegal - Subrogation
The Paralegal investigates the claims and works with the attorneys to discover details regarding the loss.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Calculate and manage deadlines
- Review and investigate claims and cause of loss (Determine fact witnesses, obtain incident reports, uncover responsible party(s) and obtain all relevant insurance information)
- Research (Locate and decipher relevant public records including condominium by-laws, condominium rules and regulations, permits, fire reports, prior insurance claims, assets and company information)
- Legal research
- Communicate via telephone, email and written correspondence effectively with individuals to obtain relevant evidence
- Compile, analyze, and organize information
- Understanding of legal terminology and local court/jurisdiction rules
- Draft Complaint
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Understand legal terminology and procedures
- Ability to handle and maintain time sensitive material
- Legal Research and Administration skills
- Ability to think critically
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle heavy work load
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Dependable and reliable
- Capable of multi-tasking and meeting deadlines
- Computer efficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Industry leading medical, dental and vision insurance plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match of 100% on up to 5% of compensation (match is fully-vested immediately)
- Generous PTO policy
- Free health club membership
- Eligible for performance based bonuses
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Apply for Paralegal - Subrogation
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly