At Windhaven we are always looking for "A" players who want a challenge. If you are a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth within your career, then we want to talk to you! We thrive in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company, and we are building the team to take Windhaven™ Insurance to the next level.
Currently we are looking for a Litigation Adjuster at our Tampa and Miami, Florida offices.
- Reviews and analyzes Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claim files.
- Reviews medical bills to ensure timely billing, proper payments and proof of mailing documents.
- Reviews demands, demand responses and all related correspondence.
- Creates and updates PIP logs.
- Identifies law suit reasoning and preliminary investigative documents:
- Identifies cases that should be recommended for settlement.
- Evaluates and updates reserves.
- Settles law suits, processes payments, and closes cases.
- Interprets court dockets and communicates with opposing counsel as needed.
- Reviews underwriting documents including applications, declaration pages, and policies.
- Identifies potential subrogation opportunities.
- Assists in the preparation of mediations, arbitrations and depositions.
- Processes mailings and returns phone calls in a timely manner.
- Complies with standard operating procedures and litigation handling guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years PIP claims adjusting experience in the auto insurance industry.
- Active Florida Claims Adjuster’s License.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough understanding of auto claims investigations and claims processing.
- Knowledge of automobile damage, mechanics of bodily injury, medical terminology, settlement negotiations and insurance case law.
- Prior experience interpreting policy language and state statutes.
- Experience in handling moderate to severe “attorney represented” injury claims.
- Ability to skillfully articulate legal options to various audiences.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with defense counsel.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Capable of strong time management and organizational skills.
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.